If Retired, Previous Occupation:
Are you 18 years of age or older? If No what is your age:
Please list any children that may be volunteering with you:
How would you like to help? Please indicate your areas of interest below:
Cats Dogs Grooming Fostering Animals in Your Home Cleaning/Chores Shelter Greeter Dog Walker Dog Training Fundraising Humane Education/Shelter Tours Photography Maintenance Groundskeeping
Other ways you would like to help:
What days and times are you regularly available to volunteer?
Would you like to work on a regularly scheduled shift?
If yes, please explain:
Have you ever volunteered for an animal shelter?
If yes, where:
Are you volunteering to fulfill a requirement for any program? If so, please provide the name of the organization and the name and phone number of a contact person
Do you have any physical limitations, medications, medical problems, allergies, etc. that may affect your work here?
Who should be notified in case of an emergency?
Volunteer Agreement and Liability Release
By signing below, I hereby accept a position as a Volunteer for York Adopt-A-Pet (YAAP) with the following terms, conditions, and understanding.
Terms and Conditions
1. My services to YAAP are provided strictly in a voluntary capacity as a Volunteer without any express or implied promise of salary or compensation of any kind. This would include any employment type benefits, including employment insurance programs, worker’s compensation accrual in any form, vacations or sick time or any type of payment.
2. I will familiarize myself and comply with YAAP policies and procedures applicable to Volunteers. I will abide by the mission, rules, regulations, policies and programs of YAAP while I am a volunteer. In particular, I fully understand that YAAP expects high standards of ethical treatment of animals under its care.
3. I fully understand that YAAP is a “no kill” shelter and how YAAP defines and implements this policy. I also understand that YAAP may euthanize animals at any time for medical or behavioral reasons, including aggression or quality of life concerns, and agree to respect those decisions.
4. I understand that YAAP, without notice or hearing, may terminate my services as a Volunteer at any time, with or without reason. I will promptly return all YAAP supplies, equipment, records, moneys, and other items in good, clean condition. I also understand that I am not guaranteed a position in the Volunteer Program.
5. I understand that as a Volunteer I may gain access to information about YAAP, customers or staff that is confidential. I agree to maintain confidentiality and to refuse disclosure of any information that is either private or personal.
1. I understand that the handling of animals and other Volunteer activities on behalf of YAAP may place me in a hazardous situation and could result in injury to me or my personal property. I assume the risks of being bitten, scratched, injured, or frightened by cats, kittens, dogs, puppies or other shelter animals in connection with my volunteer work.
2. On behalf of myself, and my heirs, personal representatives and assigns, I hereby release York Adopt-A-Pet of all liability for injuries, damages, liabilities, losses, judgments, costs or expenses whatsoever, which I might suffer or sustain in connection with the performance of my volunteer activities for YAAP, unless they are a result of YAAP gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
3. I discharge, indemnify and hold harmless YAAP and its directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all claims, lawsuits, injuries, damages, losses, costs or expenses whatsoever, sustained by any shelter animal or any person in connection with my intentional misconduct or grossly negligent performance of volunteer activities for YAAP, or my breach of YAAP’s rules, regulations, policies and programs.
4. I authorize YAAP to seek emergency medical treatment for me in case of accident, injury or illness and to hold YAAP harmless in such event. I understand that under YAAP Workers’ Compensation policy volunteers are not classified “employees” and are therefore not eligible for coverage for injuries sustained while volunteering for YAAP.
5. Understanding that public relations are an important part of a Volunteer’s activities on behalf of YAAP, I hereby authorize YAAP to use any photographs of me in its possession for public relation purposes.
6. I have accurately and truthfully completed the Volunteer Application.
7. Any modification to this Agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties. This Agreement is binding upon YAAP, me and YAAP’s and my respective heirs, successors, assigns, executors, and personal representatives.
You accept these terms by placing your name below: